Sometimes the pressure of Valentine’s Day has you thinking that you need to go out to a fancy restaurant, put on a stuffy suit or uncomfortable heels, and spend a bunch of money that you could have just out towards a vacation at the beach. Here’s our recommendation- head to Hilton Head Island and impress your significant other with a great weekend getaway, a home cooked meal, and a picnic in the sand! With our rental properties, you will have a fully equipped kitchen and will be within steps of the beach no matter where you choose to stay!
Head to our website for help with your property choice,
and read on for some Valentine’s meal inspiration!
To Drink: Strawberry Moscow Mule-
What You Need:
- 1.5 ounces vodka (1 shot)
- 1.5 ounces strawberry soda (get the sweet stuff!)
- 1/2 of small lime
- 8 ounces ginger beer
- strawberries and lime slices for garnish (optional)
What You Do:
- In a copper mug or tumbler, add ice.
- Pour in vodka, strawberry soda, juice of 1/2 lime and ginger beer.
- Cut strawberries to look like little hearts (optional but FUN)!
- Stir to combine, serve cold.
For Starters: Valentine’s Day Caprese Salad-
What You Need:
- Fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter/a knife to cut the shape
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Good quality balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
What You Do:
- Cut the mozzarella into 1/4” thick slices. Use a cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes from each slice or use a knife to cut the shape.
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/4” thick slices.
- Layer the mozzarella, tomato, and basil on a platter however looks best to you.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!
The Main Course: Heart Shaped DIY Pizza-
There’s nothing quite as fun or romantic as doing a little design your own pizza! This is a pretty simple “recipe”. We suggest heading over to the grocery store to pick up some pizza dough, then grabbing whatever toppings you like from pepperoni to bell peppers– you name it. A necessity is cutting the pepperonis to look like little hearts, and shaping the dough as a heart as well to be festive! This one is all up to you for creativity… Once you have rolled out your dough and added your toppings, pop the pizza (or pizzas) into the oven at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until you see the crust is browning! Enjoy!
You now have all of the ingredients for a perfect, romantic Valentine’s Day beach picnic! Now all you need is your vacation rental property from us! Book with us for Valentine’s Day to give your loved one the best gift of all– memories with you, and the beach. ♥