Of course, to enjoy one or all of the activities on the Countdown you have to have a great place to stay! 7643 Huntington in prestigious Palmetto Dunes is just the place. Located mid-island, Palmetto Dunes was recently named by Travel & Leisure Family Magazine as the “Number One Family Resort in the U.S.” It offers guests convenient access to relaxing beaches, three championship golf courses, world-renowned tennis, and a 11 mile lagoon system where guests can kayak, canoe and fish in the peaceful waters. Miles of leisure paths weave throughout the resort, great for walking, jogging, and biking.
7643 Huntington is an updated 4 bedroom, 4 bath villa located on the peaceful lagoon and offers free tennis. Truly, a great place to spend a month this winter!
Here is the countdown for winter fun that you can experience during your stay:
10. Winter is a great time to play golf, no crowds, mild temps and great discounts.
9. Ride the 50 miles of paved bike paths. Rent a bike, get out and enjoy the beauty close up!
8. Play some tennis! Take a lesson at Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center.
7. Go Shopping! There’s a new mall at Shelter Cove with lots of unique boutiques and Whole Foods!
6. Take a walk at sunrise on the beach – bring your camera. The winter sunrise is breathtaking. You will find lots of shells and shark’s teeth on a mid to low tide.
5. Catch a redfish! Fall and winter are the best times to catch this delicious fish. You can fish along the inland shore in many places or call Sweet Pea Fishing and learn to fish from a pro.
4. Kayak the Palmetto Dunes Lagoon. Rent a kayak from Hilton Head Outfitters and enjoy a warm afternoon of wildlife viewing.
3. Go Birdwatching! The migratory birds are plentiful and beautiful. Take some binoculars and head over to Pinckney Island Wildlife Refuge for some great viewing.
2. Eat some local oysters! Slurped, Steamed or Fried – there is nothing finer than a sweet, salty oyster fresh from the sea! Old Oyster Factory has great seafood and the best sunset view around!
And the Number 1 thing to do on Hilton Head Island is NOTHING! Just sit back, relax, unwind, read a book, listen to the waves and watch the birds!