When it comes to planning a beach vacation, it always helps to have a packing list at hand! There are so many important items that you’re likely to forget, so that’s why we’ve created the ultimate Hilton Head Island packing list. Grab your favorite beach bag, and check these items off your list. And, before you hit the road, remember to bring along a copy of our free Hilton Head Island Vacation Guide! Our guide has helped so many people plan the perfect beach vacation. Get your copy for recommendations on the best places to watch the sunset, festivals and events, restaurants, and more.
What You Need on Your Hilton Head Island Packing List
Hilton Head Island is a place where you and your family can make lifelong memories. Don’t let a sunburn spoil those moments! If you want to make the most of your vacation, then sun protection is a must. Put these items at the top of your list:
- Lip balm with SPF protection.
- Beach umbrella. Umbrellas provide some much-needed relief on hot, sunny afternoons! Rather than going through the hassle of packing one, we recommend ordering your beach gear in advance through LowSea Bike, Beach, & Baby Rental and having your items delivered (and picked up) directly from your beach house.
Clothing & Accessories
Depending on the weather, you may want to pack a few extra layers of clothing. However, Hilton Head Island beach days typically call for the following clothing items and accessories:
- Your swimsuit.
- Cheap sunglasses, ideally a pair that you wouldn’t mind losing to the ocean!
- A bathing suit cover-up. These come in handy when you need to use the public restroom.
- A sun hat for an extra layer of SPF protection.
- Sturdy sandals. The beach is the last place you want your shoes to fall apart, especially when the sand is hot!
- Long-sleeve, breathable shirts. These will add an extra layer of sun protection after a few hours at the beach or on the water.
There’s so much to do on Hilton Head Island’s beautiful beaches and sparkling waters! You can enjoy water activities, like fishing and paddle boarding, or simply relax with the sounds of crashing waves and the feeling of sand beneath your toes. Here are a few of our favorite things to pack for a leisurely, sun-soaked day.
- A portable Bluetooth speaker or radio.
- Beach toys for the kids, like frisbees, shovels, and buckets. You can even pack light and rent these items through a local beach rental company!
- A good book or e-reader. Bring the kids a book, too!
- Sudoku, crossword puzzles, and word searches.
Important Items You Don’t Want to Forget
There are a few items that many people forget, and they are often the most important things! As a reminder, remember to bring the following.
- Phone chargers.
- A laundry bag to keep your vacation rental tidy and prevent dirty clothes from piling up.
- A memory card so that you can take as many pictures as possible!
- Stain remover pens for the clothes you love.
- Your pet’s bag (Food, food and water bowls, grooming supplies, etc.)
- Any medication/prescriptions.
- First aid kit.
- Don’t forget that important arrival packet we mail you! It has your passes to get into the area you’re staying in, as well as your code or keys to get into your property. You don’t want to have to make an extra trip to the office after 12 hours in the car, you want to get to your house or villa and hop right into the pool because by then, you’re on vacation mode!
End Your Beach Day with Beach Properties of Hilton Head
The No. 1 item to check off your Hilton Head Island packing list? The key to your family’s very own beach home! Whether you are searching for a cozy villa with oceanfront views or an expansive home with a private pool and serene marsh vistas, you’ll find it all when you choose a vacation rental with Beach Properties of Hilton Head. As our guest, you can always look forward to the best vacation specials, luxury amenities, and spectacular customer service.
A complimentary Beach Properties Advantage Discount Card is always included with your stay, which grants you access to exclusive specials and discounts at local restaurants, golf courses, family attractions, and more! So, what are you waiting for? Browse our available vacation rentals today! We can’t wait to welcome you to South Carolina’s most beloved sea island!