Whenever your heart needs a little soul food and homemade wine, where do you go first? For us at Beach Properties of Hilton Head, we’re blessed to live in the S.C. Lowcountry where beloved restaurants and farmers markets are all around. Yet, even the most die-heart Hilton Head Islanders will tell you, a day trip down the Georgia Coast to Savannah is always a special treat. If Southern comfort is on your mind, join us this fall on HHI! From the Lowcountry, our sleepy, country roads will lead you straight to the Savannah Food & Wine Festival! Read on to learn more about this cherished tradition.
For more recommendations on Southern-style eats, remember to check our preferred dining page. Here, you’ll find exclusive savings on restaurants, including seafood, soul food, barbecue, and more. We offer these specials to each of our guests, so you’ll always be well-fed on Hilton Head!
Your Complete Guide to the Savannah Food & Wine Festival
About the Savannah Food & Wine Festival
The Savannah Food & Wine Festival is a cherished fall tradition. Every November, this Savannah food week celebration highlights all the things we love about Southern dining. Freshly shucked oysters, homemade Georgia wine, and pit-smoked brisket are just the beginning! No matter which time-honored dishes you enjoy, warm hospitality is always part of the Savannah experience.
Food Events, Classes, & Highlights
To elevate your experience at Savannah Food & Wine, take your time to learn something new at one of the chef-inspired classes. Here are a few that you can look forward to this November 2019!
- Chef Benjamin Davis of Charleston, SC, will present in a Tate of Savannah and an inspiring, master class on the Lowcountry’s Gullah Geechee culture, a powerful legacy on Southern cuisine.
- Chef Jennifer Hill Booker of Atlanta, GA, will participate in a Taste of Savannah. Her technique is a must for every farm-to-table kitchen in the Southeast. When you shop at the region’s local farms and markets, there are so many ways to take advantage of every season’s freshest ingredients.
- Chef Orchid Paulmeir of One Hot Mama’s on Hilton Head Island, SC, will participate in the Q-Masters, Chefs + Vets! Visit the event to enjoy samples of her award-winning barbecue and sauces. You can also sample endless samples from other pitmasters at this barbecue event, too. (Remember to enjoy 10% off dining at One Hot Mama’s on HHI during your stay with Beach Properties)
For a full list of participating restaurants, vendors, and classes, take a look at the official Savannah Food & Wine Festival, and remember to purchase your tickets in advance!
More Lowcountry Food Festivals You’ll Love
When you grow up in the South, you learn from the beginning that food is more than just a meal. Oyster harvesting, farming, and barbecue is a way of life, and we can celebrate that in the Lowcountry. Here’s what you can look forward to when you explore Hilton Head.
- The HHI Shrimp Festival | September
- The HHI Gullah Food Festival | October
- Bluffton Beer Festival | October
- HHI Oyster Festival | November
- HHI Seafood Festival | February
- HHI Wine & Food Festival | March
- Annual Rib Burnoff & BBQ Fest | May
For more recommendations on restaurants, events, festivals, and more, take a look at our free HHI Vacation Guide.
Head Home to HHI & Enjoy Dessert on Us
After an exciting day of food and wine tasting, the sandy shores of Hilton Head are the perfect welcome home! Wind down the evening with a refreshing swim in a private, heated pool. Or, enjoy the sunset on the beach. However you choose to spend your time in the Lowcountry, you’ll find there’s no better place to stay than with Beach Properties of Hilton Head.
If you are ready to plan your fall getaway to the Savannah Food & Wine Festival, remember to check our current specials! We hope to see you soon on Hilton Head Island.
(You can find the featured property here. It has a heated pool and availability for the Festival)