Ice pops are the perfect go-to snack for all ages while vacationing on an island!
These are some ice pop recipes that are sure to satisfy everyone while relaxing pool side. There is nothing more refreshing than an ice cold popsicle, and there are some that are kid approved. These variety of popsicles can range from very healthy to even spiked! Give them a try this summer and see how you like them!
Orange Strawberry Sunrise Popsicles
- 2 Cups Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice (3-4 oranges)
- 1 Cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Start by juicing the oranges using citrus juicer, pour the juice into a jug and set aside.
- Add the strawberries, water, and maple syrup into a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
- First, pour the orange juice evenly into each popsicle mold (about 1/2- 3/4 full). Then, using a spoon, add the strawberry mixture into each mold.
- Carefully move the strawberry mixture around a little in the molds with a spoon so that the popsicles have more of a gradient look.
- Place into the freezer for at least 1 hour before inserting the popsicle sticks into each mold to them stay straight.
- Freeze for at least 12 hours.
- To take them out, run hot water over the molds briefly and they should be easy to pull out.
- Store in the freezer in small re-closable plastic bags.
Kiwi Ice Pops
- 3/4 Cup of water
- 1 Cup of sugar
- 4 Kiwis
- 1/2 Cup of fresh lime juice
- To make the syrup, combine 1 cup of water with the sugar in a small saucepan and bring just to a boil. Set aside to cool.
- Make the ice pops; Using a paring knife, cut the kiwis into quaters, peel, and remove the white core and seeds from each piece. Place the seeded kiwi pieces into a bowl or a food processor fitted with a metal blade and puree to a liquid for about 1 minute. Combine the pureed kiwi, 3/4 cup of syrup, lime juice, and remaining 3/4 cup water in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into molds and freeze until solid for about 6 hours.
Tinto De Verano Red Wine Popsicles ( adult pops)
Lime Simple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 Cup of filtered water
- Juice of 1 lime, about 2 tablespoons
Tinto De Verano
- 1 1/4 Cups of red wine
- 1 1/4 Cups of lemon-lime soda
Lime Simple Syrup
- In a small pot, combine sugar and water, heating over a medium-high heat until sugar dissolves completely.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice, set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large liquid measuring cup, combine wine and soda. Add cooled lime juice and stir.
- Divide liquid between popsicle mold slots, leaving a little room at the top for popsicles to expand.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours, preferably over night.
- Run popsicle mold under warm water and gently remove popsicles. Wrap individually in wax paper and store in air-tight container.
- Serve with a napkin and enjoy!
*If you like popsicles less sweet, you can cut the simple syrup in half and simply replace it with an extra two tablespoons each of wine and soda.
Try these popsicles out while vacationing on Hilton Head Island. Don’t have a vacation booked? Give us a call today at 1 (800) 671-5155 or visit us on our website at www.beach-property.com to be one step closer to vacation.