Regardless of the season, locals and visitors alike come together to celebrate various holidays and events. Attend some of the best Hilton Head events at Shelter Cove. From exciting seasonal celebrations and outdoor concerts to car shows and art festivals, there is always something to dive into. Shelter Cove is not only a beautiful waterfront venue for events, but you can also find plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment there as well. Read on to learn more about some of our favorite events that take place throughout the year. Then, take a look at our complimentary 7-day itinerary for more authentic local suggestions on what to do, see, and eat on Hilton Head!
Do you need help planning your vacation?
The Best Hilton Head Events You Have to Attend at Shelter Cove
Throughout the year, a variety of exciting events and festivals take place at Shelter Cove. Here are just a few of the annual events that locals and visitors can look forward to attending!
In the Spring
- Spring Music & Taste: This festival takes place throughout the spring. Each event spotlights local musicians and features Shelter Cove Harbour restaurants. Bring your own chairs and enjoy live music, tasty appetizers, and craft cocktails. (2020 dates canceled).
In the Summer
- The Hilton Head Island Art Festival runs around the harbour & marina promenade on Memorial Day Weekend. Guests can expect to find works of pottery, glass, wood, jewelry, and more. All works are crafted in the USA.
- HarbourFest is a signature Shelter Cove summer event. All summer long, you and the family can watch fireworks, play carnival games, get your faces painted, and dance to live music.
- The Special July 4th Show celebrates Independence Day with fireworks, music, jump castles, and more.
In the Winter
- Santa and Shopping Day occurs the day after Thanksgiving. Santa appears aboard a firetruck to kick off the holiday season at Shelter Cove. Throughout the day, kids can enjoy cookie-decorating, bounce houses, train rides, and, of course, pictures with Ol’ Saint Nick.
- Light up the Harbour is the perfect event to celebrate the holiday season on Hilton Head! The kids love seeing the boats all aglow with Christmas lights. Stroll the boardwalk, where the marina and boats are decorated and enjoy a classic Lowcountry winter.
Additional Things to Do at Shelter Cove
Shelter Cove Towne Centre is home to some of the best boutiques on Hilton Head Island, as well as some of the best restaurants. Peruse local shops for unique gifts. Order delicious seafood meals at an acclaimed eatery. Or simply stroll the waterfront community park and enjoy the fresh air.
Stay Near All the Best Things to Do on Hilton Head Island in a Beach Properties Vacation Rental
Attending one of the best Hilton Head events at Shelter Cove is just one of many exciting things to do around the island. Whether you’re interested in shopping, dining, or just laying on the beach, make the most of your vacation when you stay at a Beach Properties vacation rental. Our selection of luxury rentals ranges from one to seven-bedroom homes, villas, and condos located on or near the beach. Take solace in the professional management we offer to ensure quality customer service. You and your families will also enjoy the wide range of amenities found in each home, as well as the amenity features provided by the different communities in which our homes reside.
What are you waiting for?