Remember your time on Hilton Head Island with this memory Jar!
It always hard leaving the beach, but here is a fun creative way to remember your Hilton Head Island memories more. Be able to bring some of your treasures home with you with this beautiful piece of decor.
- Purchase a large glass jar from any craft store such as Michael’s, even can use a larger Mason Jar.
- Purchase any type of yarn you would like along with a tag.
- Purchase sand to go on the bottom of the jar, or use some you collected.
- Gather up any treasures such as sea shells, rocks, drift wood, etc.
- Take your jar, pour the sand about half way leaving room to place all your treasures on top.
- Once those are in place, wrap the yarn around the top of the jar, creating a bow in front.
- Take your tag, and you can stain darker if need be by purchasing dark brown craft paint. Make sure you have a sharpie on hand to write down where these treasures were from.
- Now you have a Hilton Head Memory Jar!
*You can even add your favorite picture into the sand if you would like, just like the one pictured below.