Here on the island we are all about “wingin” it!
This festival has been serving 22 years worth of wings for everyone to enjoy. Their key to success at this festival is by combining best local restaurants, handpicked brands, have fun kid activities, and some family friendly competition.
Beginning on Friday March 23 from 5:30PM – 8:30PM the Island Recreation Association along with Hargray kick off this festival with Wings and Beer. This tailgate style of a festival will feature local celebrity chef Orchid Paulmeier from One Hot Mama’s will whip out her favorite game day food paired with local libations from The Lodge. Enjoy games on big TV screens, enjoy live music, including a fire thrower performance. Pricing for this kickoff are as follows,
Price: First 200 tickets: $35, Second 200 tickets: $40
- 8 Wing Samplings (4 different sauces)
- Five Beer Samplings (5 oz craft beer)
- One Hot Mama Tailgate Party Food
- Commemorative Wingfest Cup
Saturday March 24 from 11-5PM will be the Wingfest that will feature 20-25 local restaurants cooking up their best wings. There will be plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy! Kids can enjoy a kid zone, featuring a rock climbing wall and bungee jump. Local television provider will have big screen televisions to enjoy March Madness Basketball games. Be able to vote on Saturday for your favorite wing and watch as the winner will be crowned at 4:30 PM. Pricing for this day is as follows,
- Admission is $7 with children 10 & under getting in free.
- Saturday, March 24th 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Competition Day
- Price: Admission $7 (children 10 and under are FREE)
- Includes admission to the event (food and beverages sold separately)
- Liquor, domestic beer, soft drinks/water sold separately
Click the link below to view more about this tasty fest.