Everyone loves dolphins, but not many people know too much about them! Besides being cute and playful, dolphins are extremely smart and the Coastal Discovery Museum has announced a new boat cruise excursion to teach people more about these awesome creatures!
The cruise will be offered most Wednesdays in April and May from 10 a.m.-noon. The excursion will study acoustic communications between resident dolphins in the May River. While researchers from Dr. Eric Montie’s Lab at the University of South Carolina Beaufort visually identify and record dolphin vocalizations, marine biologist Captain Amber Kuehn will share what we have learned about these fascinating cetaceans. The research goals are to determine abundance, location, and individual identification of dolphins in the vicinity of Montie’s acoustic recorders that are deployed at three stations in the May River.
By going to one of these excursions, it is as if you are a part of some very important research to our island and to the dolphin community! You will be a part of a huge and important thing for these lovable porpoises!
Price: $55 per person (ages 10 and older only) and reservations are required by calling (843) 689-6767 ext. 223 or online at coastaldiscovery.org.
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 31, 2017 10:00 am – 12:00 pm