One of the best perks of Vacation Rentals is the ability to cook your own meals in a fully equipped kitchen– sometimes even looking out over the ocean! You can make memories and cook amazing meals in the comfort of your vacation home, and it only gets better when you can do so in your pajamas! If you didn’t already know, brunch is the new “it” meal of the weekend, but when you’re on vacation, it can be the “it” meal every morning! Plus, with tons of new and exciting recipes that blend the deliciousness of breakfast with some more sustaining and filling options to last you through lunch, this meal is perfect for a lazy morning before an afternoon at the beach!
We’ve put together some of our favorite brunch recipes that stray from the typical eggs and bacon or chocolate chip pancakes– although we don’t blame you if you want to stick to the classics! We’re giving you a sweet option, a savory option… and even a bubbly option!
- Bacon and Egg Croissant Squares:
If you’re a fan of the classic “bacon egg and cheese” sandwich, this may be the best breakfast spin-off ever! Rather than serving these delicious ingredients sandwich style, you layer them almost like a pizza! The flavors are amazing and the fluffy croissant only improves the entire meal!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 eggs
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil, parsley, or Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Open and unroll the crescents onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Split the dough right down the middle, forming two large squares. Pinch the perforations together in each square.
- Fold up the edges of each square of dough (about 1/2 inch of the edge around each square).
- Crack two eggs into the center of each dough square. Place three slices of bacon across the eggs on each square. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, and salt, and pepper to taste. (You can add other toppings if you want to! Anything goes!)
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, until the edges of the Crescent dough are golden brown and the eggs are cooked to your preference.
2. Cinnamon French Toast Muffins:
Nothing beats french toast… well, except a little bite-size version! These are sweet and easy to make, not to mention that you could easily toss some blueberries, banana slices, or really any other fruit into the muffin pan with the recipe and they would turn out amazing!
Ingredients (1 Dozen Muffins):
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla exract
- 14 cups cubed bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla extract. Add the cubed bread to the bowl and fold until combined and the bread has absorbed all of the liquid.
- Cut the bread (slightly stale works best to absorb liquid) into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Divide the bread mixture among the muffin tin cups, pressing it lightly into each cup to compact it.
- Bake the French toast cups for 25 to 30 minutes until they’re slightly crisped on top and cooked throughout. Allow the cups to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin then scoop each one out and serve topped with maple syrup or vanilla glaze.
3. Popsicle Mimosas:
So… brunch isn’t complete without mimosas. Assuming you know how to make mimosas we thought– why not show a fun vacation spin on the classic! So, here we present popsicle mimosas. A mixture of bubbly and a childhood favorite doesn’t get much better (or easier) than this recipe!
- Your favorite champagne
- Store bought fruit popsicles (or you can make your own!)
- Place your popsicle into your glass
- Pour over the champagne.
There is no better place to enjoy food with friends and family than at your vacation rental beach house over a delicious brunch! You take care of the food and drinks, and we’ll take care of your rental reservation– Call us at 800-671-5155 or head over to beach-property.com!